You want to sell your house and you’re looking forward to putting some money in your pocket. But did you realize that selling your house may mean you have to PAY money? In this blog post, we break down what are the different fees paid to agents versus paid to investors…
Watch Video — On How to Sell Your House with an Investor!
It’s true… selling your house can sometimes mean that you have to pay. (This isn’t always the case but it often is.) We want to you to know about the different fees you have to pay because this information may help you decide whether to work with an agent or to sell your house directly to an investor. Here are the benefits of selling to an investor.
You can also read the article here on how to sell your home to an investor.
Save Money by not Paying Standard Commissions or Closing Costs!
With Agents : Sellers are required to pay 6% sales commission as well as around 2% in closing costs (That’s around $16,000 on a sale of $200k!).
- With home investors like us you pay NO commission and we will cover ALL closing costs.
- YOU CAN PAY NOTHING OUT OF POCKET When selling to us
2. Sell Your House 3-5 Times Faster (or On Your Schedule/ Day of your Choice)
With Agents: It takes on average more than 90 days from listing to sale, with the closing process being 45-60 days or MORE!
- We buy our houses ALL CASH!
- We can close in as little as 7 days or on whatever schedule works best for you! No 90 day wait from listing to sale.
- No Contingencies or Appraisals Needed
With Agents: Sales are contingent on an appraisal, inspection as well as securing financing. On average around 15% of home sales fall through due to these three issues. That means after months of negotiating 15% of the time you will have to find another buyer and start the process all over again!
- We pay ALL CASH so the close is not contingent on appraisal, inspection, or financing. Because are not getting bank loans for these purchases we do not need to follow their requirements.
- Selling to and an investor is SIMPLER, QUICKER, NO HEADACHES!
- Don’t Spend Time and Money Repairing and Cleaning Your Home
With An Agents: Most buyers want homes to be ‘move in ready’, meaning you will have to make substantial repairs and keep the house clean (and available) during the process of showing it to potential buyers.
- With us, you don’t need to make any repairs or clean up.
- We buy houses AS IS!
- YOU DON’T LIFT A FINGER!
The One “Fee” You May Not Be Thinking Of
There’s one more cost (“fee”) that you might not be thinking of: when you work with an agent, they’ll get you to fix up your house and then you’ll have to pay bills and taxes for as long as it takes the agent to find a buyer. So although this isn’t a fee to the agent, it’s a cost you’ll have to pay because of the agent… yet when you sell the house to an investor, they buy quickly so you end up saving this cost as well. These are holding costs like your monthly mortgage, taxes, insurance, bills etc..while you are holding the house waiting for it to sell. The wait could be 6 months or more when listing on MLS.
So what’s right for you? It depends on how much you’re willing to pay and how quickly you need to sell.
If you want to go over this in more detail or confirm that we won’t charge you any fees if you sell your house to us then please get in touch and we’ll be happy to walk you through it.
We’re happy to give you more information about our buying process and to share with you exactly how it all works. Click here and enter your information or pick up the phone and call us at 512-593-6990 or Fill Out of Property Information form now for a Quick Cash Offer!