How can I sell my house in Travis County, Hays County or Williamson County if I am going through foreclosure?
Do you have a house in Travis County, Hays County or Williamson County that is in the foreclosure process right now? Many people going through the Texas foreclosure process want to get out from under that stress-inducing house and wonder if they can sell the house that is in foreclosure. The short answer is a very simple: yes. The long answer: the process can be a little different than a traditional sale, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Selling Your Travis County, Hays County or Williamson County House In Foreclosure – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Central Texas who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. There has also been changes in the economy, and a lot of banks have been changing the way that they process foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. It’s always key that the banks are in the business of lending money and not in the business of selling houses, and they want to stay in that business and out of the house business if at all possible. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can still be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that may be able to help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Communicate A LOT with the bank. Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Never miss a deadline without calling. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Take into account that you are dealing with people not robots. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Make sure and keep records of conversations you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- See what all options are, including short sale, loan modifications, a sale to an investor like us and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Never Stall, or Wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the less options are available to you.
If you’re looking for a quick fix in the form of an investor who can pay cash for your house so that you can pay off the bank, save your credit and possibly put some money in your pocket, to sell your Travis, Hays, Williamson County house in foreclosure fast, call us now. We are also looking to buy in Hays and Williamson County and all other Texas Counties.
At www.TheTexasHouseBuyer.com we specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Central Texas and really the whole state of Texas get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (many times) even help you walk away from your property with cash, but more importantly we remove the burden and stress involved in having a home in the foreclosure process.
We buy properties like yours all the time from people who need to sell fast.
Fill out the form below or give us a call at 512-593-6990 anytime and leave us a voicemail at our pre-recorded line and we will call you back! Have a Great day.
Again please call or fill out the form here today!